Our client makes highly adaptive, customizable, enterprise HR focused solutions for some of the world’s top companies.
In their words: “We pride ourselves on the ability to work with our customers to provide tailored solutions that meet their specific needs primarily focused on compensation, performance management, and calibration. Our customers value our creativity, subject matter expertise, outstanding customer service, and ability to quickly create solutions to enable their businesses to succeed. As we grow, we are focused on maintaining these traits and ensuring new team members feel happy and engaged.”
About the Role
As VP of Engineering, you are accountable for the success of the engineering team. You will work closely with the software engineers to ensure they have what they need to serve our clients while developing and releasing new features and products without impediments, working alongside your account implementation management and executive colleagues. This role also drives long term technical vision and oversees people management for engineering. This role reports to the CEO.
- Support and grow the software development best practices to ensure that client features and implementations are delivered on time and working correctly, working in partnership with the account implementation management team
- Review code in development and train the engineering team to do peer code reviews
- Ensure that product requirements are realistic and achievable
- Proactively intervene when issues prevent the engineering team from moving forward
- Help unblock and coach the engineering team if work slows down or reaches an impasse
- Own the process and execution of releasing to production, ensuring releases are delivered on time with high degree of quality and reliability
- Work with the executive and account implementation management team to develop and maintain the product roadmap
- Develop and drive a long term technical vision that supports the product roadmap
- Drive technical discussions regarding system design and architecture