Our client is an innovative company with a rapidly growing infrastructure footprint as they acquire new companies and take ownership of their infrastructure and applications. They are seeking a Senior Network Engineer with experience creating, managing, and monitoring networks across multiple locations. In this role, you will apply your network engineering expertise and your infrastructure knowledge to manage traffic for internal organizations and support applications for large customers.
The role is primarily remote, but requires being located within driving distance of their Nashville, TN datacenter.
- Network Administration – Create, configure, and monitor public and private cloud networks.
- Network Infrastructure – Provision, configure and maintain switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPNs, etc.
- Troubleshoot – responsible for network related outages, slowness, and improvements.
- Systems Administration – server maintenance, patching, provisioning, etc.
- Systems Administration – This is primarily a networking role, but you will also get to work on projects or responsibilities relating to virtualization, storage, or datacenter migrations.
- Project Management – The ability to takeover a project involving stakeholders from multiple teams and see it through to completion.
Knowledge & Experience
- Firewall Experience: Primarily Palo Alto, all experience is a plus
- Switching / Routing: Juniper, Cisco, Brocade, OSPF, BGP, VPN
- Public Cloud: Azure, AWS
- Virtualization: ESXi, Hyper V