Our client provides world-class industrial adhesive applications to support a wide range of products and services. Their cutting-edge technology and global network of industry-leading customer service and support have helped to make them a thriving company for generations.
As Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for meeting the expectations of our clients and their customers regarding the Safety, Delivery, and Quality of all products sold or purchased. You will interface and act on the customer’s behalf to improve overall quality through investigation, analysis, and correction of internal process and product deficiencies.
• Drive a culture of Safety, Wellness, and Reinforcement of Core Values
• Drive “Zero Defect” mentality by aiding in the development of internal personnel to correctly identify and communicate process, product, and supply chain issues in a timely fashion
• Develop, implement, and maintain alternative methods of making manufacturing practices safe, more efficient, and cost-effective
• Provide training and daily communication to production departments to maintain proper inspection and testing techniques.
• Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Develop and implement quality process documentation (PFMEA, control plans, work instructions, related drawings, etc.)
• Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with production, suppliers, and customers to eliminate recurrences of non‐conformances
• Conduct audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement
• Must have strong communication skills and ability to inspire individuals to improve performance
• Strong decision-making skills in a high-pressured environment
• Must have effective change management skills to plan, implement and evaluate change
• Experience and emphasis in quality systems
• Bachelor‘s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or related field preferred
• 4+ years of related quality or manufacturing experience
• Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office
• CAD Experience required
• Experience in Lean and/or continuous improvement environments utilizing tools such as Kaizen, Kanban, visual workplace, 5S, etc.
• Familiarity of Total Quality Management, FMEA & Control Plans
• ISO 9001:2015 Certification or equivalent preferred