As Manager of Data Engineering, you will function as a mission-critical liaison between Business and Technology to ensure that all business requirements for data are clearly defined, effectively communicated, and appropriately prioritized. You will oversee the data consumption, ETL processes, and Data Quality and guide the reporting for a division of a very reputable enterprise-level company. *REQUIRES ONLY ONE DAY/WEEK IN OFFICE.*
· Work with internal executives to understand the business requirements and then lead the team in designing and developing appropriate data architecture to meet business needs.
· Responsible for the design, development, and deployment of data architecture and data models
· Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data and report delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
· Build the cloud infrastructure required for optimal ETL processes from various data sources using SQL and other technologies.
· Cloud data engineering experience (Azure or GCP a plus)
· 1+ years of experience leading teams
· 5+ years of experience in data engineering and development
· Strong understanding of SQL and ETL processes
· Knowledge of Data Quality management.
· Deep knowledge of data modeling and metadata management
· Understanding of big data tools and architectures a plus (i.e., Hadoop, Data Lakes) is preferred
· Experience with the latest Data presentation tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, or Power BI is preferred